Monday 14 January 2013

This won't take long...

I've had these chairs for years.  I covered the seats in gingham oilcloth, when the children were younger and messy.  Recently I've been thinking that they look a bit sad and, erm, icky... so I've re-covered them in the most gorgeous, soft, pink babycord.  Now that the children are older and even messier, I will probably spend half my life scraping mashed potatoes off them and wishing they were grubby gingham oilcloth... but if I have a sophisticated dinner party anytime soon (which is pretty unlikely), I'll be quite proud.


Other than that, and a HUGE amount of work, I've been playing with a little pine corner cupboard I paid 4 quid for.  I gave it a quick paint job and put on a sweet little china handle (can't say 'knob' without laughing) and now it's in the corner of the kitchen, looking quite ok.



Righto, back to work.x

No comments: