Saturday 24 December 2011

EversoChristmas!

Hohoho.

And stuff.

No traditional British Christmas celebration is complete without traditional festive food.  Here, for your perusal, is a selection of mine.  At least one of them is traditionally British.

Christmas cake.  I actually don't like it.  I like the marzipan and the icing but the cake, in my humble opinion, is pretty disgusting.  When I was small my brothers wouldn't let me have the good bit unless I ate the yukky bit.  One of the pleasures of being grown-up is that I can go to all the trouble of making the cake just so I can surreptitiously slide it into the bin when I've finished picking off the icing.
This year mine shows an idyllic village scene, complete with  giant-sized Christmas tree and twinkly star.



And now for the gingerbread house. This year, I have mostly been concentrating on the technical aspects of gingerbread house construction.  As you can see, this house is lit.  Very pleased with this.  What you don't see is the mass of wires and pins inside the roof, holding the whole thing together.  But we don't mind about that, right?  As long as no-one tries to eat it.



And nothing says Christmas like burgers and hot-dogs.  These particular burgers and hot-dogs are entirely made from marzipan.  I decided to dispense with the usual frosted marzipan fruits and make these instead and, I'm sure you'll agree, they add a cosmopolitan (if not highly sophisticated) touch to the proceedings.


Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

DSills said...

These all look fantastic!!!
You're so very talented!!!
Love to all...
Merry Christmas!!!

eversocandida said...

Thank you :D and Merry Christmas to you all too!

T.Clift said...

Hello my good friend! Wow, you are soooooo gifted, they are all amazing..... The burgers and hot dogs are making us folk in Hampshire very very Hungry although I must admit I really don't like marzipan, never have and never will!
This is a late comment but still counts....
Hope your Christmas was lovely?
Lots a love
Tiff XXXX

eversocandida said...

You can have the cake and I'll eat the marzipan! It's all good.

A very belated Happy New Year to Hampshire and all who sail in her. I will be in touch soon. It's frantic here.xx